How to make Takakau
We are learning to follow the structure of a procedural text.
Takakau was made in the 1800s. When the british people came to New Zealand they gave them the maori flour and water and the Maori people made Takakau it is maori bread.
To make Takakau you would need.
1 teaspoon of salt
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
100ml milk or water.
Step by step insturction
- First sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour and pour milk and then pour the milk in slowly, stirring as you pour.
- Now knead the dough for a minute.
- Sprinkle flour onto a baking tray and put the dough onto it.
- Shape the dough so that it is 2cm thick
- Put the tray in the oven for thirty minutes at 200 degrees celsius.